I was recently asked by my friend Ana (see her blog here) how I get inspiration for my blog and I thought I would quickly write a post about it. I wouldn’t say my blog is the most inspired blogs as it consists mainly of reviews and swatches but every now and then I do write about other things.
- Get yourself a notebook- I love writing list for everything I do in life but I find it particularly useful with my blog. I write lists about what has been requested, what products I want to review, what posts I would like to do and what products I would quite like to buy. I update it all the time and have a read through it when I am about to write a post.
2. Save inspirational posts in your favourite- I love to save tags and other posts that I think could inspire one of my own post, I save it as a favourite so I can both credit them and to remind me to write the post.
3. Take part in tags that are going around- I really love the 100 things that make me happy tag started by Sofia and which I am also taking part in.
4. Review your stats and see what’s popular. I use Google analytics and I would really recommend that every blogger get it, it allows you to see what posts were popular and what people type in to search engines to get to your page. EG mine says that my No7 spring collection post is really popular and a lot of people Google Sleek Makeup and end up on my blog therefore I can predict that if I were to write another post about either No7 or Sleek it would also be popular.
5. General life updates are often popular since we are all naturally nosey.
6. Ask you followers on twitter and Facebook if they have any requests.
7. See what Google suggests- type in the first half of phrases and see what Google suggests as these are usually the most popular.
8. Read lots and lots of blogs- I follow 400/500+ although I don’t follow them all religiously I do read the titles of all of them and pick what I may want to read.
9. Read magazines- You can often turn lots of magazine articles into blog posts but modifying it a little and adding your own spin. I also think this folder idea from Bubblegarm is fantastic to keep all your inspiration and favourite images stored together. However magazines can get expensive click here to read about my top free magazines, I would also recommend Grazia if you are a fashion blogger and Essentials magazine if you are a lifestyle blogger.
Hope this helped! Where do you get inspiration?