Today I will be doing a tutorial on these amazing water decal nail wraps by Viva La Nails. They are very easy to use and I prefer using these over the stick-on and heat nail wraps as the finish is really smooth and lasts much longer.
What you will need:
– A hand/small towel
– A small bowl of water
– Nail file
– Base coat
– Top coat
– Your chosen water decal nail wraps
How to apply the nail wraps:
1. On a clean nail bed, apply your base coat. Chose the nail wrap most suitable for your nail and trim with scissors if you need to.
2. Remove the protective cover and place the nail wrap inbetween your thumb and index finger. Gently rub it while placed in the water – After a few seconds it should gently peel away from the paper.
3. Place the nail wrap onto your nail carefully, they should glide on and be easy to position – You will have about 30 seconds to put it in place before it starts drying out.
4. Dab the excess water with the towel. Gently file off the excess wrap and you are now ready to apply the top coat. This is where the beauty of the water decal nail wraps presents itself! When you apply the top coat the water decal almost dissolves (so you have to treat it like wet nail polish) and the unsightly edges blend into each other and you are left with a perfectly smooth, beautiful nail surface!
As you can see once the top coat is applied the effect is quite pixelised but that’s only if you view it really close up. I can guarantee that no one else will notice this! They last quite a few days and make a real statement. If you want to see some of the other water decals I have used, you can do so by clicking here and here.
Thank you Sabrina for allowing me to do my first ever guest post on your blog! Hope you’re having a wonderful holiday 🙂
Thanks so much for the very interesting nail tutorial they look great and I really need to order myself some of these!
Click here to see her great blog!