Since I turn 24 today I thought I would share ten things I learned over the last year
1. I should probably travel a bit more.
More on this later in the week, but I’m basically the least travelled person ever!
2. It’s important to relax and ‘turn-off’ every now and then.
Being a blogger, it’s so easy to always be on Instagram, but I like to make sure I put it down and actually spend time with the people around me and relax.
3. Politics isn’t as boring as I once thought.
This time last year I absolutely hated politics, well not hated, I just have no interest in it at all but over the last 6 months or so it’s all completely changed and although I’m no expert I’ve come to realise it’s something I should be taking an interest in.
4. Eyeliner can totally change how I feel about myself (as can a tan, real or fake).
Not much else to say eyeliner and being tanned just makes me so happy.
5. Property in London is really really really expensive.
I’m not really looking to buy a house yet but I’ve started to have a look and, unless you’re on a ridiculous amount of money, I just don’t see how people do it.
6. Staying in is just as good as going out.
Don’t get me wrong I love going out every now and then, and with work I end up having to go to a lot of events but usually I’d rather stay home and binge watch The Big Bang Theory.
7. It’s important to be nice to everyone!
…for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle
8. Don’t worry about getting older, it’s a privilege denied to many.
I haven’t been too happy about having my birthday over the last few years but I realise that this is silly and I’m actually very fortunate.
9. Keep writing lists, lists are fun and help aid productivity.
Over the last year, lists have really helped me and whenever I strayed from them it really affected my productivity!
10. Wine is actually not as bad as I thought, actually I quite like it.
I thought I would never like wine but it’s really not that bad. I’m still getting use to red wine but I’m quite fond of white wine.