I try not to shy away from challenges so when TK Maxx set me the challenge to take on LBD and transform it using jewellery I accepted. Off I went to the Tottenham Court Road TK Maxx to check out their new jewellery section. There were a few items I fell in love with particularly the watches and a few rings and they were on a really good offer. I should have chosen a better LBD (not from TK Maxx) as this one isn’t the best material and pulls where it shouldn’t but here is the results….
1. I don’t usually go for converse and dresses but I’ve seen so many people do it and it can work. I went for a massive men’s watch which I LOVE and teamed it with a rose gold coloured bracelet and small studs. I wanted to keep it very laid back so didn’t want to add too much.
2. I changed the shoes for some boots and felt this look needed a statement necklace but I kept the same watch from the previous look. I love this necklace and the mixture of colours although I made it short by doubling it I would also wear it long making it quite a versatile necklace. I’d wear this outfit for drink both during the day and at night.
3. It was time to dress up the dress so I pulled out the heels and some pearls. Pearls are classic and something everyone should own and TK Maxx had a good selection. Although I don’t often wear pearls I think it is a quick way to make an outfit more classic. I’d wear this outfit for a formal party and although I don’t usually suggest wearing black at wedding I think this could work.
4. My trusty red heels and red lipstick transformed this outfit into a party outfit. I am in love with every piece of jewellery from this outfit from the watch and necklace to the stunning ring! This is a perfect Christmas Party outfit as it has the perfect statement necklace which is one of the things TK Maxx had a lot of.
5. To make this dress work for work team it with a nude shoe (or black) and tone down the jewellery. I went for a dainty necklace and earring but kept the watch still quite chunky.
What’s your favourite piece of jewellery?
All the items of jewellery range in price and although I wouldn’t say TK Maxx is cheap it is affordable and the offers are great. I think I’ll go back next time I need a gift for my mum or someone I know love jewellery.
What’s your favourite outfit?
Twitter/ Facebook/ Bloglovin’
Check out the TK Maxx Style tour: 1. Wednesday 18th September- LIVERPOOL 2. Tuesday 8th October-LEEDS 3. Thursday 10th October-MANCHESTER VOGUE NIGHT OUT 4. Tuesday 15th October-GLASGOW 5. Tuesday 22nd October- NEWCASTLE (Fly night before for all teams) 6. Tuesday 29th October- CARDIFF
*This is a sponsored post